Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge #36, April Showers!

Challenge #36 is live at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!  Come join the fun!  The challenge this time is titled "April showers".  Simply create a project in this theme, combined with using a stamp one year old or older.  Easy and fun!  Here is the challenge graphic this time:





And here is the project I completed for this challenge:




 
 
 
To create this card, I used a piece of white cardstock and a stencil, by TCW called "Aspen Trees".  I used various colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink and a sponge on top the stencil, to create an image on the white cardstock.  Keeping the stencil in place, I used a spritzer and spritzed water onto the paper and stencil.  I dabbed off the excess water then used my heat gun to dry the design.  Next, I used an older sentiment stamp set, from Inkadinkado called "Thank you words".  I selected one sentiment and used Memento black ink, and stamped on the sponged design.  Next, I grabbed a flower from Mark Richards, added some Tim Holtz ink to it, then placed it on the card.  At the bottom, I tied silver cording, and placed a sticker from SRM Press.  I backed the image with black cardstock, then placed it all atop white cardstock using dimensional adhesive.  Finally, I placed all this on a folded and trimmed black cardstock card.
 
Please join us by visiting the Retro Rubber Blog.  Then, stop back by the blog one week from this Sunday to see the challenge winner.  We can't wait to see your designs!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Christine: At first glance I thought you had used that SU embossing folder with the birch trees but then, I kept reading how you made this gorgeous card and I was amazed. I only have one stencil that Claire gifted me along with other goodies some time ago but the more I use it the more I want to have other ones. And then there is your card,done with this tree stencil that I think is beautiful. The colors you created for the background are truly vibrant and they look as if you are looking into a beautiful forest.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, this card is beautiful and it has really inspired me to do more with stencils. Absolutely love it! Keeping this card from too many layers makes you appreciate the whole card. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card as always. I love stencils too :) Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful water colored effect with your aspen stencil, Christine. Love the vibrant colors. Maria is right about looking into an Aspen forest wonderland. Am hoping you are feeling better since I have seen some signs that you might be on the computer more! Hope you are back to your healthy norm soon, teammate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! The colors just go together so wonderfully! I am glad you are doing better! Take care of your eyes woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely background you created. Love all the colors. Thanks so much for having me as a Guest Designer at this fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete