Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #75, fall color!

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by!  Today's new challenge is shown below. Simply use a stamp one year old or older, and create a new project in the theme below.  I created a card for this challenge over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog, below:









To create my card I started with a blank pre-made card, invitation size, folded with corners trimmed.
Next, with some white card stock I stamped the leaf, used dies to create the frame, and cut a small strip to color and apply rub on letters.  I fussy cut the leaf, and colored it with Copic Markers.  I added Wink of Stella for sparkle.

I added the leaf to the card, using foam tape.  Next, after I die cut the frame, I colored it with Copics as well.  Then, I colored the sentiment strip with markers too.  I added the frame to the card, and a few plastic gems.  I added the sentiment panel, after I rounded one corner.  Then I tied on a bow.

This stamp set is from Stampin' Up, and is one of my all time favs!  I think it dates back to 2015, and is called "Lighthearted Leaves".   It is so beautiful.  The rub on letters are so old.  Surprised they still work.  Haha.  

Won't you join us?  Simply create a project per the instruction above, then submit over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.  Then join us the Sunday after the challenge ends to learn the challenge winner!  Thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

  1. Christine, this is absolutely gorgeous! This is one of my all time favorites as well. I also wanted to let you know that you have been great to work with on this challenge. I know that you have lots going on but hope that you will come back someday. Blessings to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic look of this leaf, it could be in one of those Adult Coloring books that are so popular right now.
    Love how you took the colors of the inspiration photo to fill the leaf, love the way you framed it and all the sweet little details you added.
    I too want to say to you that it has been a real joy working with you on this challenge blog Christine and I hope you come by our blogs from time to time to visit.
    Good luck on your future endeavors, I wish for you and your family all the best.
    Big hugs.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine! You are leaving us with a bang. I am going to miss you! You have been such a great supporter of this challenge. Every challenge you created something unique and inspirational. Today is no exception. Beautiful job on this card. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us but you've ended on a great card. I love the richness of the colours you've used and that leaf is a real showstopper. All the best for you future directions and I look forward to seeing your work round and about the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, this is beautiful, I keep staring at that gorgeous leaf. So sad you are leaving us, but it's been a real pleasure getting to know you. Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sparkly leaf is beautiful. Wink of Stella really makes it shine! Will miss your bright and beautiful creations with the DT! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and love how well you captured the colors from the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, this is one of my favorite fall sets from SU also! You colored the image with lovely jewel tones. The pink ribbon and blow is such a delicate detail. Great card!

    ReplyDelete