Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A new challenge at the RR Blog! #72!

Today there is a new challenge over at the RR Challenge Blog!   I love this challenge!  It involves a "transportation theme".  Simply use a stamp one year old or older, and the theme below.  

For this challenge, I created the project beneath the challenge graphic:









The older stamp I used for my project is from Technique Tuesday.  They have long been one of my favorite stamp companies!  The stamp is is dated 2014.  In addition, I used the newer stamp set named "City Girls Retail Therapy" from The Ton.  Love The Ton also!  And I also used a city building style embossing folder.

I embossed pink paper using the folder, then trimmed it down.  I took a plain white invitation sized card and rounded the lower corners.  I put black paper behind the pink paper, and added it to the card.  I stamped the sentiment using black archival ink on the pink paper.  I added some washi tape, and a yellow planner tab and gem.  

I stamped the taxi on white paper, and colored it.  I added the balloons, and colored them also.  I fussy cut the images, and added them to the card using foam tape.  I added gems and more washi tape.

This card has flaws and I almost passed on using it.  But isn't that the special part of hand made cards, the imperfection?  So I share it here with you!

Please join our challenge, then visit the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog the Sunday after the challenge to learn the challenge winner!  Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Christine: WOW!! that little taxi looks like the one on the RETRO RUBBER graphic, awesome!!! and I love how the heart balloons give the illusion that the car is moving.
    Sweet and romantic, love it.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yellow taxi. One of the things I think of when I think of the USA is the yellow taxi. Love the contrast with the pink and the black and white washi tape is a fabulous way to unify the different elements. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Your choice of colors makes it really eye-catching. I thought this was a difficult theme but your card shows how transportation can make a sweet romantic card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete