Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Challenge #70, Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

Hi and thanks for stopping in!  Today starts a new challenge over at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!  Use a stamp one year old or older (tell us the age) and the following theme, school.  Make a project and share it with us!  Easy and fun!

Here is the challenge graphic and the project that I created for this challenge:






I do not think I am so good with making school themed cards!  But I gave it my best effort!  I used an invitation sized white pre-made card, and added patterned paper, that already had the adorable school lines and holes!  Next, I added several stickers from SRM, bordering stickers, love them!

Next, I stamped using a set I have had forever from Hero Arts.  It is called "Just a Note" and is from 2011.  I stamped the pencil onto white card stock and colored with Copic Markers, then fussy cut.  I stamped the "Just a Note" sentiment and the notebook paper image, then trimmed.  I added these images to my card and also added another snippet of red patterned paper, and more stickers from SRM.  I also used a bit of dimensional adhesive.

I put some gems on the card, and hand tied a bow with ribbon.  Sort of a collage card!  Anyways, I had fun and felt creatively challenged.  That is what it is all about right?

Please join us!  We would love to see your projects.  Then join us back at the Retro Rubber Blog the Sunday after the challenge to learn the winner!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a great collage card with tons of very cute details! The little apple is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you do about school themed cards but I think you have nothing to worry about. This card works well for a number of situations - it might be school inspired but is not just for school. I like the bright colour choices you've made too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I've been after a punch that punches the holes of a torn notebook page, love it!!! Fabulous primary colors and that pencil is adorable.
    Fun and sweet card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't say you don't make beautiful back to school cards because this one is fantastic! I love all of your cute details!

    ReplyDelete