Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2016

March release at So Suzy's Stamp of the Month Club! More fun! Volume 2!

Earlier this month I posted about the March release of the So Suzy's Stamp of the Month Club!  The release contains the adorable stamp shown below!  For this wonderful release, I created a greeting card using the So Suzy's March release stamp!  The stamp this month is this beautiful image!



 
 
 
Here is a copy of the card that I created using the stamp image above:
 
 
 




To create this card, I took a kraft cardstock segment and folded and scored it into a card shape.  Next, I rounded the two right edges using my EK Success corner rounder.  Next, using Memento Desert Sand ink, I dragged the pad across the outer edges of the card.  Next, using some dies that I had on hand, I cut the waves, the sun and the ship.  I adhered the sun to a piece of trimmed white cardstock.  I added the waves also.  Next, I placed the ship on some adhesive fun foam, and trimmed the outer edges.  I poured some yellow glass beads on top the ship and they stuck to the foam in the openings.  Then I added a sequin to the boat.  I put Wink of Stella on the waves, then added sequins and the boat.  Next, with coordinating cardstock matching the sun, I stamped the sentiment using the same Desert Sand ink pad. I also had some black ink also added to give the text a feeling of movement.  I even slightly moved the stamp while stamping. I thought this would mimic the water's movement.

I added a sequin to the text box, and placed it on the cardstock using flat adhesive.  I added this white rectangular panel to the card as a whole.  Then, I tied some twine in blue from American Crafts to the left side of the card, trying to give it a somewhat "nautical appearance" by twisting it and making it uneven. 

I can't stop creating with Suzy's stamps.   The stamps at So Suzy's Stamp of the Month Club are adorable!  I encourage you to join the club today!  I'd love to see the projects you create with the monthly stamps!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment