Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Mass production of holiday cards, next steps tutorial

Moving right along to step 5 of my process (see prior blog posts for prior steps).

After I have matched up cut images with cute papers, I being the assembly process.  First, I fold the kraft cards if that has not already been done.  I take one cute paper to use on the top of the card, and one for the bottom.  The top paper I will cut to 3" by 5 1/4".  The bottom paper I will cut to 1" by 5 1/4".  I will use an ink pad (you don't have to do this step, I just like the added look of ink on my paper edges), such as a dark brown chalk ink, and ink the edges of my patterned papers.

Then using a great adhesive, such as Therm o Web's runner, I attach the larger paper at the top of the card, and the smaller paper at the bottom of the card. 

Step 6 involves adding the "main image" to the card.  I ALWAYS use dimensional adhesive for this step, it really adds to the card's appearance.  I am making cards this year, where some of the main images come with sentiment text, and some do not.  For the images with text built in, I will adhere them to the center of my card front.  For the images without text, I will adhere them to the right side of the card.  (because I will still be adding a sentiment to the left).

Now, you see I am presently making horizontal turned cards (see photo), but I will also be making vertical.  Right now I am telling of the recipe for horizontal.

Please join me back in a few days for more steps in this process.  In the meantime, I'd love to see what you are working on!  Thanks for dropping in!


  1. I've been following along...I'm lovin' what I am seeing today. They are so cute - can't wait to see the next few steps :) xo

  2. Thanks, Margie, that means so much to me! xoxox