Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Join us for a fun new sketch challenge!

Hello! Thanks for dropping in!  Today we have a new challenge from the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!  It is a sketch challenge!  So fun!

I adapted the challenge into a Halloween theme, because 'tis that time of year!  And, I used one of my most favorite stamp sets of all time, I honestly feel like it is one of those sets that no stamper should be without.  It is older, but still very available!

Here is the challenge graphic and the card that I created for this challenge:






To create this card, I took a blank white invitation size folded card.  I added trimmed black paper to the top, and patterned paper trimmed to the bottom.  I got these papers from a card kit that I just bought from Krazy Kreations.  Next, I had some old Teresa Collins banner style stickers that I thought resembled the banners in the sketch.  And they were the perfect colors!

I added them to the card.  Next, using the stickers that came with my card kit, I placed three stars (black outline stickers) onto sparkle white paper supplied.  I colored the paper with an orange Copic marker, then fussy cut the stars.  I glued them onto the banners.  Next, I added more black star stickers in two sizes to the black paper, it is subtle, but fun!

Next, I had a coordinating Teresa Collins brad with a witch figure, that I added to the bottom of the card.  Finally, I trimmed white card stock and stamped onto it using an old stamp sentiment from the favorite set mentioned above.  The set is from a Tim Holtz set, Stampers Anonymous, Smple Sayinss CMS155.  This set is dated 2013 on the nternet.

I used Versamark ink, and black embossing powder which I heated.  I added this panel to the card.

This card was so simple but fun to make.  Join us, you will have fun also!  Then share your card with us, and join us back at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog the Sunday following the end date of the challenge to learn the winner!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great card Christine, I really like the pops of orange and that cardkit came in handy! Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Christine. All the elements work together well. The witch brad is great and I particularly like the black outline stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast of the black background with the bright pops of orange on your triangles.
    The witch brad is awesome.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete