Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge 71! Anything goes!

It is time for a fun, new crafty challenge!  An easy one, the theme is "Anything Goes"!  Just use a stamp one year old or older, and this theme, and make something and share it with us at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

Here is the challenge graphic and the card I created for the challenge:








I used a pre-scored, pre-cut invitation sized white card.  I ran it through my embossing machine with an embossing folder.  Next, on plain white stock I stamped the flower image, it is an old stamp, a favorite, from Studio 112, dating to 2013.  I used dark black archival ink, then using my Zig markers I colored the circles, then added Wink of Stella.  I added this panel to the card using foam tape.

Next, I used a hello sticker on pink paper, trimmed, and applied this element to the card.  I added some Wink of Stella here also.  I trimmed a pink paper strip and added it, rounded the card corners, and placed some gems on the card.  I added some Wink last minuted to the embossing also.  Quick and super simple and fun!

This card is kind of plain, but I like it that way!  Please submit some projects to us!  We would love to see your artistry!  Then join us back at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog the Sunday after the challenge ends to learn the challenge winner!  Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Christine!! I don't think your card is plain at all! It's so elegant, I love that flower image, it's gorgeous, along with your colour combo - total perfection. Now I have seen the photos of your craft room, I can kind of visualize you moving around in it, selecting things for you cards. I am so nosy..Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pretty pink card is just lovely and very retro! I'm sure it is all shiny IRL from Wink of Stella. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is CAS and very pretty. Just the right touches to make the image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I always like black and pink together and the subtle pink is lovely. I like the clean look you've got going and the slightly funky circle/flowers keep it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comments above are spot on! The sentiment and floral image reminds me of a pocket with the cheerful flowers peeking out! And the strip of color with the sequins is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the combination of pink and black, it's great for making very elegant and stylish cards.
    I agree, this card is beautifully RETRO.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pretty CAS card. So crisp, clean and beautifully designed. Those retro flowers are darling.

    ReplyDelete