Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Retro Rubber Sketch Challenge!

There is a fun new challenge over at the Retro Rubber Blog!   Challenge #69 involves using the sketch below, and a stamp one year old or older (please tell us the age).

Below is the challenge graphic, and a card that I created for the challenge:





To create this card, I used a white card stock invitation sized plain card.   I trimmed a piece of Kraft paper for the middle, in an asymmetrical fashion.  I added it to the front of the card.  I then used a cityscape die with a border on it, a piece of black card stock, and my die cut machine to create the black city view.  I added an EK Success heart sticker, and some gems to the card after adding the die cut image.  Next, I used a sentiment stamp and some Memento Ink to stamp the words.  I used my Mini Misti for perfect stamping placement.  Finally I used a corner rounder to round the card edges.  

The sentiment stamp was retired in 4/2106.  I saw this information online.  It was brought out of retirement after that.  I obtained it prior to 4/2016.  It is from Sweet Stamp Shop, the Beary Much stamp set.

I love sketch challenges!  From my card, you can see it is ok to use the sketch as a guide in creation, but your card doesn't have to be 100% the same.   We want to see your interpretation of the sketch, a sense that you did indeed use the sketch as a guide in creation of your project.

Please join us!  Then join us back at the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog the Sunday after the challenge ends to learn the challenge winner.  Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Your card is sure to make someone know they're missed. I love that die!! The enamel dots are such a cute touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, love the cityscape scenery! Love your take on the sketch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, such a clever use of the sketch, I think your recent NYC travels are on your brain with the use of the cityscape and the colours feel very NYC to me. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS card to use for female or male recipient! The yellow and black arrangement is stunning. And I love the little heart! Well done, teammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this take on the sketch! Really CAS but so striking! Perfect little embellies with the heart and dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the way you've arranged the rectangles - it was an interesting take on the sketch and it suits you silhouette skyline so well. The rounded corners are a sweet finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card, Christine! I love that you took the sketch and utilized a framed cityscape with it! It's a great card. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete